As a newbie in the industry of online freelancing in the Philippines, finding your niche is difficult.
If you’re like me who has been a stay at home mom for a long time, it might be challenging at first. It feels like are skills are somehow rusted and our self-confidence decreased over time. As well as, we unnoticed locked-up our skills and talents in a treasure chest when we chose to specialize ourselves to be a super Mom.
But cheer up!
You’re not the only one who had that predicament. All you have to do is to reflect on yourself. Remember the things you can do before and start on what you know.
What is a niche?
In Cambridge Dictionary it says: Niche is a job or position that is very suitable for someone, especially the one that you like. It’s where you are the best fitted. Also, can make a good impression and make you fruitful to your chosen field.
Why do you need to know your niche?
Niche will be your path to the road of success. It is your key to enjoy and love the home-based job more and more. Though a niche is not a starter pack, it might be a process to figure out.
Maybe someone might help you to find yours. Or you can diligently search in Google and Youtube. Even by joining support groups will help you to find your niche.
Tips on how to find your niche
Know what you can do. Start on what you know in search of a home-based job.
- List down your skills.
- If you’re a college graduate, you can start with what you studied. If not, for sure deep inside you there are certain fields that suit you. Because everyone has special talents that have given to us, that’s why we are all unique in our own ways.
- Recall all the things you do before. If you're good at writing or art projects start from it.
- Be diligent in knowing yourself.
Know what you really love to do in finding your niche.
- Love what you do, do what you love! Knowing it will definitely make your way easy because it will not make you get tired of what you are doing. It will also help you to battle struggles that might come your way.
- So list down at list top 3 things and figure out what you love most.
Finding your niche is understanding your strength and weaknesses.
- List them and make your weakness your strength. Because knowing them will shape you to be an expert on that field. It will also lead you to what you are passionate about. Understanding this phase matter most because we can be the best that we want to be when we acknowledge and embrace our flaws and improve it.
Know the circle of your niche.
- Why you have to know this? It's because once you know what your niche is, you need to look on who might help you improve it and be at your best. So build and get a circle that might help you and motivates you.
Remember, you should never stop learning and challenging yourself. Try something new and don't be afraid. Furthermore, unfull your cup and always make room in learning.
About the Author
Doreen Ramos, an enthusiast to learn more. A self-appointed Financial Manager and the beast in the house when angry. Nevertheless, she's always a loving wife and mother. She started as a Virtual Assistant in mid-October 2017. Currently, she works as an e-commerce Virtual Assistant of a British client. She believes everything can be learned as long as you have the grit to do it.