We all heard about virtual friends, virtual lovers, and virtual jobs. But virtual siblings? Um, is that even possible? Wait 'til you hear this story:
Meet the FHMoms babies! Aren't they adorable? These cuties are the first FHMoms babies.
What made them virtual siblings? Their moms, Mommy Mary, Mommy April, and Mommy Nin. They were classmates during the FHMom's first-ever Hands-On Training. They got pregnant and got employed consecutively. Now talk about coincidence!
FHMoms Hands-On Training
With its goal to help determined Filipina moms land a home-based job, FHMoms started training aspiring freelancers in July 2017. Among the first students were Mary, April, and Nin.
Putting what they learned from the training into good use, these moms started updating their resumes and cover letters, and submitted their online applications. Their intense desire to get an online job plus the tips they got from the training gave them an edge from the all other applicants. Hence, they were hired just a few days after the training. 2017 must be a blessed year for them because they didn't just get one but two major life blessings - their babies and their jobs. Congratulations, Mommies!
How are They After a Year of Working Home-based?
- How are you after a year of working-from-home? I feel great! Mas naging closer kami as a family since both of us are working from home, natututukan namin pareho ang mga bata at nasusubaybayan namin ang mga little milestones nila.
- How are you coping with WAHM-with-a-newborn life? It's hard at first, madaming adjustments especially sa time management at may 2 pang toddlers. Pero ngayon medyo umookey na ang set up namin ni hubby sa bahay. Nakakatuwa kasi super hands on kami sa kids since yayaless kami.
- How are you after a year of working-from-home?
So.. How am I after a year?? Well, I am great that I decided to leave the corporate world it may not be a happy story everyday since I still struggle from time to time wether it is about work or about family. But the good thing about it is I can work and at the same time I have plenty of time to spend with my family. I got to see my sons milestones and have quality time with my husband.
Looking back on the years that I worked in the office where most of my times are spent on traveling to and from work, I am really grateful that I've learned about home base work because I still earn while staying at home and I can focus on our photography business.
2. How are you coping with WAHM-with-a-newborn life? It is really a challenge having a newborn, specially it has been 10 years since my first born. I have to set a sleeping pattern for my baby since I am working night shift. I also have to adjust since I am breastfeeding my baby. Most days I only have few hours of sleep since my baby is awake during day time, I would be lucky to sleep 4hours straight in a day. It is a good thing that my husband is a hands-on Dad and he supports me in what I do. We also hire a help that would assist us in our day to day task specially if my husband and I have to tend to our business.
- How was your journey to becoming a WAHM?
Just like most moms, galing din po ako sa pagiging call center night shift agent from different companies. Everytime na manganganak ako I have to resign problema kasi yung magaalaga ng bata. Last last year ko pa talaga binabalak o hoping na sana one day hindi ko na kelangan umalis ng bahay para magtrabaho o kumita ng pera. Ang sakit sa puso diba pag sinasabihan ka ng anak mo na wag ka ng pumasok alagaan nalang sya. Kaso nga kelangan mo kumita e.
Silent reader lang ako nung una e hanggang sa nakita ko yung post tungkol sa magic cover letter ni Madam MK, dun ako mas naging interesado, kasi kahit cover letter wala talaga akong ideya. Luckily nagprepare sila ng training (HOT SERIES 1) na timing ang place isang tricycle lang ang layo from me. Sinabi ko talaga sa sarili ko kelangan makaattend ako. Time na para gumawa ako ng paraan pano ko malalaman o masasagot lahat ng katanungan ko about working from home.
Until now, ang dami kong pending na interview. Apply lang ng apply mommies. Laking pasasalamat ko talaga at nameet ko yung mga tao na di nagdadalawang isip na tumulong.
FHMoms Trainings Now
Still true to its mission and vision, FHMoms just got better and better as time goes by! Currently, FHMoms now conduct online courses and on-site events such as Hands-On Training, Workshop, Meet up, Playdates, Fair, Bazaar and Parties. Along with that, we also have online training, apprenticeship programs, and live sessions.